Sunday, March 14, 2010

Amazing Grace for Home School Moms

Dear friends,


On March 11, I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Gainesville, Florida, to speak to the home school group led by my friend Mardy Freeman. Mardy had asked me to share a fresh testimony of what God had been doing in my life, so my topic for the evening was "Amazing Grace for Home School Moms." I spoke for a little over an hour about Joyful Liberty, Tender Compassion, and Wise Guidance, and ended with a Questions time. For your convenience, I have split the audio into these four sections.


I have to say that much of the growth in my life as a home school mom has come because of Mardy's perspective and encouragement over the past few years. I wish she had been there Thursday night (she was out of town), because I am so thankful for her, and for others who have spoken words of wisdom and grace to me. I did, however, get to see my dear friend Bonnie Carmichael, who moved to Gainesville about 11 years ago. Bonnie has been so kind to send me sweet e-mails through the years. You'll hear her insight in the Questions section.


Enjoy!

~*~*~


"Joyful Liberty" is 20 minutes long. How do we get set free from failure, fear, and frustration so we can live with joy, confidence, and enthusiasm?  You can also read my notes here: Joyful Liberty!



"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


~*~*~


"Tender Compassion" is almost 20 minutes long. How do we learn to thoroughly enjoy our children and come alongside them for positive change -- instead of being angry, bitter, and frustrated with them? How can we communicate with them effectively?  You can also read my speaking notes here: Tender Compassion for Mothers.


"As apostles of Christ we could have been a burden to you, but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children. We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8
~*~*~
"Wise Guidance" is almost 20 minutes long. How do we discern what to do in our home school? How do we set an example for our children in seeking wisdom? This segment also includes a brief description of the Charlotte Mason method of home schooling.


"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

~*~*~
"Comments and Questions" is about 7 minutes long. This includes my answer to the classic question, "What do I do with my two year old?"


I would love to hear your feedback on these audios. You can click here to comment or e-mail me at virginiaknowles@gmail.com

You may also like to see some links I posted about mentoring and mothering, including 3 podcasts of an interview Karen Campbell did with me.  You can find them here: Titus 2 Mentoring Podcast and Links.
Amazing grace to you!

Virginia Knowles

1 comment:

  1. I could not have stumbled upon this site at a more needed time. I have just spent the last hour crying out that I could not handle my frustrations anymore. I very much look forward to coming back and listening to the information in this post.

    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails