Monday, September 5, 2011

New Series Coming: Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel

Hello friends!


In coming weeks, I'm going to be sharing what I'm gleaning from a book called Grace Based Parenting: Set Your Family Free by Dr. Tim Kimmel. (You can click on that title to see the book at Christian Book Distributors.  It will let you look inside, too!) The book comes highly recommended by many people I respect, and I found a  used copy of it a couple of months ago so I couldn't pass it up.  In fact, just this morning I just saw a very favorable mention of it by Wendy Alsup in her post The Myth of the Biblical Parenting Method.  Karen Campbell at http://www.thatmom.com/ also gives it five stars in her review.


While I will be reading the book on my own and taking notes on each of the 11 chapters to share with you, my husband and I are also planning to go through it together.  We both realize how much we need grace in our family -- and how often we have detoured away from it with rigid expectations and frustration.


If you would like to read it at the same time I am writing my posts, grab your own copy here, and you can add your comments as we go along!  I'd love a little company on the journey!  And if you've already read it and want to offer your own opinion about it, leave a comment on this post!



As I post each article, I will link it right here. 





Chapter 4: "A Significant Purpose" 


You can visit Dr. Kimmel's web site at:



You may also wish to read/view articles and videos about parenting with grace at:

3 comments:

  1. The issue of parenting by grace is one I've been wrestling through. I've read GBP once but you have inspired me to go through it again and jot my thoughts on my blog. I so look forward to reading your insights, especially because you are years farther down the mothering road than I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia,
    I'm so glad to see that you are reading Dr. Kimmel's book, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts as you travel through! Family Matters (Dr. Kimmel's ministry) loves to hear from people digesting the message of grace and how it applies to our families.

    Wanted to also make you aware of the Family Matters blog http://blog.familymatters.net Lots of great content there and great resources to supplement the book! Also gracebasedparenting.com. Again, chock full of resources and information.

    Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us, I can't wait to read them! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

    Karis Murray
    Creative Director
    Family Matters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie and Karis, thanks for writing! I was reading your comments on my iPod as I was rocking my toddler grandson to sleep - and I was very blessed.

    I will certainly check out the extra FM web sites as well as Stephanie's blog which I have already visited.

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails