Friday, January 20, 2012

I Dreamed a Dream (P52), Breakfast Tray and Friday Favorites



"I Dreamed a Dream" is the theme this week at the P52 project and this is my photo submission.  Why?  Because when I dream at night, the misty fragments of thought whirl around in my sleeping brain, and then during the day, they peek out at odd moments and make me wonder.  What was it that I dreamed last night -- and why?   What is real and what is a figment of my subconscious imagination?   It is very disconcerting and makes me wistful.  Am I missing out on something vital? Some key to unlock life's mysteries? I'm not one for placing a huge amount of significance in them, but I do know that the fragments of my night dreams are somehow pieced together from the fragments of my daytime realities and conversations, mixed with a touch of fantasy from my secret hopes and fears.  Like these clouds, my dreams can be both fluid and disconnected, floating around, drifting on. I do love clouds (one of the most visible reminders of the reality of God for me) and I frequently photograph them, as you can see here:

Now here's a daytime reality that I like to see in the morning!  My daughter Naomi, who is almost 11, made a beautiful breakfast for me the other day.  The best part: those scrambled eggs (seasoned with rotisserie chicken seasoning and garlic pepper) and buttered toast hiding behind the dish of fruit salad left over from the previous night's dinner.  Add in a stack of chocolate chip pancakes (from Aldi) drizzled with syrup, a peeled clementine, a tall glass of milk, a thoughtfully organized tray, the gorgeous smile from a loving daughter -- and I was one satisfied mama that morning!  


My other blog posts this week:

"You’ve been there… you get up early to have quiet time, get your coffee ready, sit down and open your bible, savor the quiet for just a moment, and… the door opens and your child comes stumbling out, ready to start her day!  This scenario happens to me…a lot. It’s not that I don’t want to have a good quiet time. It’s not that I fail to plan for one. It’s simply that early risers and all nighters and high octane preschoolers all mean one thing: no solitary potty breaks, much less ten minutes of quiet."
"My wife and I watched the movie Tangled last night. For months now, we’d heard from other former ATI students that the movie was a great analogy for spiritual abuse and the journey out of a legalistic system of thought. It’s even been referenced a number of times here on Recovering Grace."

"And I catch my heart,
Guilty,
Of wanting to just be right,
To insist so hard
On the message of grace,
That I ignore
The One who gives it."

"My word for 2012 is be. One of my goals for this vacation week is to be with my grandsons. Papa Rich has left to drive Ayden home; we're keeping Cadence longer because he'll return to his home in Hawaii in just a few days. He and I are alone in the house. This beetle in my window? It's another chance to be with the child before his parents arrive to take him away, later today... I rummage in the pantry, return with an empty jar. A minute later we've gently swept two ladybugs from the window. We crimp a piece of foil over the mouth of the jar. I jab holes with a toothpick. "When Papa Rich comes home, he'll help you poke holes in the jar's lid."

This blog post is linked to memes on other blogs:

Click here to see Ann Kroeker's Food on Fridays

fof

Click here to see Project 52!

project 52 p52 my3boybarians.com

4 comments:

  1. Love those interesting clouds! I do sometimes think that God puts clouds in the sky to entertain us as much as for shade and rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous! Looks delicious, and what a treat to have breakfast made for you...by such a sweetie!

    I'm inclined to agree with a friend who said that if you want something done, ask a 10yo girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails